When the zombie apocalypse breaks out, will you survive? Join the survival team and keep yourself alive.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inSee who runs this place.Z.A.S.T. Home

Share | 

The Day I Baked

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
candc32
Stalker
Stalker

Mettle : 67

PostSubject: The Day I Baked   Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:52 pm

This is a story I remember writing, not sure why I did but it is entertaining.

One day, I was baking a cake. It was a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. I cut the first piece of cake into a perfect one eighth piece, and I then turned around to get a glass of milk. I turned back to see that my piece of cake was gone. Assuming that it had simply been one of my children, I grabbed another plate from the cabinet and cut another piece. Realizing that I had forgotten a fork, I turned around to grab one from the drawer. I turned back around and my cake was gone again. If they want a piece of cake, all they have to do is ask; they don’t need to steal my pieces, I thought to myself. So, for the third time, I grabbed a plate and cut a piece of the cake. This time, I had my fork and my milk with me, so there would be no distractions. I sliced into the piece on the plate and brought it to my mouth.

“Honey,” my wife asked, “can you come help me screw this light in?”

I had no choice. I left the room to change the light bulb. After five minutes, I reentered the kitchen, and my cake was gone again. Okay, I thought to myself, all my kids got a piece of cake. Now, I can have a piece. I opened the cabinet yet again, and out jumped a box of evil cereal.

“Cake cake,” he repeated, “you no eat cake; cake bad for you! Cake, cake.”

“Have you been stealing my cake?” I asked.

“Yes, I steal you cake! Cake no good,” he said. I noticed him eying the rest of the cake, “I no want cake but you no need cake. Cake bad; you no eat cake, cake.”

“You listen here, box of cereal,” I said in a stern voice while pointing at him, “this is my house and I will eat whatever I please.”

He dashed for the remaining part of the cake. I grabbed him by the legs and pulled him away, and when I got both of my hands on him, I slammed him against the wall. When I looked into his eyes, I saw a glimmer of humanity. I set him down and said I was sorry and that I was ashamed of the way I had acted. He asked for a glass of water. I retrieved the cup and put in some water from the tap, but when I turned around, I saw that the evil cereal was making off with my cake! I chased him all around the house and then into the backyard. He jumped on to the garden table next to the pool.

“Give me that cake!” I said angrily, “I WILL have a piece; you will not stop, me evil cereal box guy!”

“No, cake no good for you!” he wailed about in an annoying way. “No cake! No cake, cake! Cake no good!”
He turned to the pool and ran to the edge of the table; I dashed to the table and leaped for him. He jumped up and thrust his arms forward, and I saw the cake fly out of his hands. I landed on the table, swiped him off, and then jumped off the table and toward the cake. Splash! I hit the water just moments before I knocked the cake onto dry land. I stood up and saw the cake sitting safely. However, the evil cereal box ran around and kicked the plate and cake into the pool. I had lost. The cereal box jumped in and dissolved; while I stood there in a pool of chocolaty cake and melted cardboard.

“Now I’ll never eat that cake,” I moaned.

Tell me what you think.

Last edited by Neo on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling, grammar, and punctuation fixes.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John
Webmaster
Webmaster

Mettle : 385

PostSubject: Re: The Day I Baked   Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:22 pm

That story was as great as a desert eagle. which is my favorite gun. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Neo on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation! Yeah, yeah, yeah!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zast.yolasite.com
candc32
Stalker
Stalker

PostSubject: Re: The Day I Baked   Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:40 pm

lol thanks, just something I had laying around that I thought I would share.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neo
The One
The One

Mettle : 541

PostSubject: Re: The Day I Baked   Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:59 am

That was quite entertaining. It kept me reading the entire way through. And you used very good grammar, spelling, and punctuation (with only a few minor errors.)

If you have anything else you'd like to share, I'd love to read it!

Also, I edited your story here to fix your spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes. I didn't change the story at all, so don't worry. It just looks a little better, now.

"It is the duty of the people to overthrow oppressive governments."-On Civil Disobedience
Back to top Go down
View user profile
candc32
Stalker
Stalker

PostSubject: Re: The Day I Baked   Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:35 pm

why thank you. I'll see what else I can pull out of my archives, I've written much story, most of it not worthy of other eyes, but I've got some good stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoltar
Administrator
Administrator

Mettle : 197

PostSubject: Re: The Day I Baked   Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:29 pm

candc32
Stalker
Stalker

PostSubject: Re: The Day I Baked   Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:35 pm

a standing ovation? wow, I've never gotten that before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoltar
Administrator
Administrator

Mettle : 197

PostSubject: Re: The Day I Baked   Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:55 pm

candc32 wrote:
a standing ovation? wow, I've never gotten that before.

If you keep stories like this up you will get plenty.

John
Webmaster
Webmaster

Mettle : 385

PostSubject: Re: The Day I Baked   Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:23 pm

Zoltar wrote:
?? thats.. very akward
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zast.yolasite.com
Neo
The One
The One

Mettle : 541

PostSubject: Re: The Day I Baked   Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:42 pm

How is that awkward? He's giving a standing ovation.

"It is the duty of the people to overthrow oppressive governments."-On Civil Disobedience
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Day I Baked   

Back to top Go down

The Day I Baked
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ZAST Forums :: Original Work :: Writing-
Jump to: