When the zombie apocalypse breaks out, will you survive? Join the survival team and keep yourself alive.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inSee who runs this place.Z.A.S.T. Home

Share | 

The Concert thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Koulatio
I Hate Gels!
I Hate Gels!

Mettle : 235

PostSubject: The Concert thread!   Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:35 am

Just name off some concerts you have been to, or plan to go to. What were they like? Who was playing? Seating? Stuff like that.

I'll admit, this thread is inspired by the concert I went to last night, but that's ok.
I'll start off with my first concert. It was an outdoor concert in my own little city. There weren't really any seating plans, it was just stand wherever you could. The band playing there was the Trews. I'm not sure if too many of you would know The Trews, because they're Canadian, and they're not all that big here. The concert was really fun. I don't mind the Trews, and it wasn't a bad first concert.
Here's a popular Trews song, just in case you recognize it.

My second concert was actually in the middle of nowhere in a hockey arena where Three Days Grace was playing for $30. I guess this concert would have been two years ago now. And it was fun. I was standing first row on the floor, getting my ears blown out from the sound. It was sweet. Not to mention, it's my favorite band, so how do you not enjoy yourself.

The concert I went to yesterday, was again, Three Days Grace. This time, while still being in a hockey arena, but it was the Maple Leafs ACC. So that was better. First off, they had two opening bands. Default, and The Used. Default played about a half hour set. And they were pretty good. I never really heard them before, but I really liked them yesterday. Then the Used came on for about an hour. They were terrible. Just flat out bad. No rhythm, melody and you couldn't even hear the singer over the way too loud bass. But it was ok, because Three Days Grace was up next. Right before the band came on, Adam (The singer)'s wife found us in the crowd and showed us to the friends and family seating on a raised platform on the floor around the center ice area. And those seats were sweet. We were right up close, and we didn't have to try to look over anyone's head being on a raised platform.
The band was great. It's crazy how much better the concert can be when you play a bigger venue. They had awesome pyrotechnics and everything. It's was a pretty sweet show. They even played a song called "I don't care" that the singer originally did with another band called Apocalyptica. I never thought I'd hear them play it live, so that was a nice little surprise. The only bad thing about the concert was the 2 hour drive and the $25 parking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charon
Guardian
Guardian

Mettle : 145

PostSubject: Re: The Concert thread!   Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Unfortunately, I've not had the pleasure of attending a concert. Given the chance, though, I'd not hesitate to got to a concert of these guys They're such an amazing band all-around. It also helps that they have two of the world's best guitarists with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://re5wii.forumcircle.com/index.php
HaloMaster048
Strategist
Strategist

Mettle : 189

PostSubject: Re: The Concert thread!   Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:28 pm

One of the Best Concerts i went to See Was Winter Jam 2008 I Was Amazed Cause Toby Mac Was there So i Almost Fainted with Excitement!!! (Toby Mac is the BEST Christian Singer/Rapper/Rocker EVAR!!!)

Another good one was About 2 years ago I Went To Summer Camp And i Saw Experiment Theory Live (Another Awesome Christian Band!!!) It Was Epic!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Youtube.com/halomaster048
Koulatio
I Hate Gels!
I Hate Gels!

Mettle : 235

PostSubject: Re: The Concert thread!   Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:47 pm

Oh, and I should have said this in my first post. I'm planing on seeing Our Lady Peace on both March 12 and 13. They are doing their entire Clumsy album the first night, and Spiritual Machines the next night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charon
Guardian
Guardian

PostSubject: Re: The Concert thread!   Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:16 am

Now I'm wishing I could go to a concert. REALLY badly. Better yet, meeting with the members of Arch Enemy afterwards and getting autographs.

Arch Enemy>>>>>>>>>>>All other Melodic Death Metal bands
Back to top Go down
HaloMaster048
Strategist
Strategist

Mettle : 189

PostSubject: Re: The Concert thread!   Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:13 am

I Wanna Go To Something With Jay-Z Really Bad...I`ll Have to see when hes coming my Way *If he Ever Does* i was going to Go To the Chris Brown Concert in orlando but then i said Naw (Even Though it Was Free)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Youtube.com/halomaster048
Charon
Guardian
Guardian

PostSubject: Re: The Concert thread!   Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:14 pm

By the way, Koulatio, I like the album cover art of that first video. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Concert thread!   

Back to top Go down

The Concert thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1