When the zombie apocalypse breaks out, will you survive? Join the survival team and keep yourself alive.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inSee who runs this place.Z.A.S.T. Home

Share | 

"Reputation" System (Which I forgot to announce)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neo
The One
The One

Mettle : 541

PostSubject: "Reputation" System (Which I forgot to announce)   Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:22 pm

I realized that I only announced this to my fellow staff, so I'm officially announcing it now.

The reputation system has been added. To the right of each post, you will see this:
+
---
-

Clicking on the + sign will add one point of reputation to the poster. Clicking on the - sign will deduct one point of reputation. Note that in the debate forum, you can gain/lose more points.

There is also a "thanks" button when you make a new thread. Use this for the person that answered your question or if someone pointed out something important that you missed and such. You can only thank one person per thread, and you can only thank people in threads YOU create. One "thanks" is worth 3 rep points.

When to give rep:
When a post looks good and has a lot of thought put into it, it is rep worthy. Feel free to add a point on. It's used to encourage good posting and discourage spamming and such. Do NOT give rep because you're glad someone agrees with you. If they agree and give a HIGHLY detailed reason, THEN you should give out rep. Also, give rep to reward users who post with good spelling, grammar, and style, and generally post with intelligence. Notice how I spell out every word and never use text lingo? That's something that's rep worthy. Encourage good posting, guys!

When to take rep:
When you see a post that is spammy, hateful, pointless, or full of text lingo and spelling errors, feel free to deduct reputation. We want this to discourage spam and poor posting. Here is an example of when to take rep away:

"i dnt tihnk u no nethin aobut teh sbject"

Notice how there is NO capitalization, no punctuation, and it is full of spelling errors? That's grounds for rep loss. I WILL deduct rep from such posts, and I encourage you to do the same.

Excessive abuse of the rep system will lead to the loss of the privilege. We can prevent people from giving or taking rep.

Also note that when you give or take rep, the person receiving or losing the rep will NOT know who has given or deducted points. It's completely anonymous, so don't worry about being flamed for deducting points.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the system!
-Neo

"It is the duty of the people to overthrow oppressive governments."-On Civil Disobedience

Last edited by Neo on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to make it an announcement -_-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koulatio
I Hate Gels!
I Hate Gels!

Mettle : 235

PostSubject: Re: "Reputation" System (Which I forgot to announce)   Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:07 pm

I am enjoying my time as rep leader by the way Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neo
The One
The One

Mettle : 541

PostSubject: Re: "Reputation" System (Which I forgot to announce)   Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Because I thanked you twice XD

"It is the duty of the people to overthrow oppressive governments."-On Civil Disobedience
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Reputation" System (Which I forgot to announce)   

Back to top Go down

"Reputation" System (Which I forgot to announce)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1